Monday, June 05, 2006

I'm baack

We all reached home late Saturday night. I'm still recovering and glad to be home in my bed where the power doesn't go off and it's nice and cool. I appreciate the many prayers that were offered on our behalf.

Our trip to the Dominican Republic allowed me to renew contact with brethren I had known before as well as make contact with new ones. Liberalism continues in its march farther and farther away from Bible authority, which continues to open the eyes of many brethren. One sister told us, "I'd rather meet with 4 or 5 people that have the truth than with a large group that aren't following the Bible." This comment was sparked by what she had seen and heard at the "inaguaral" meeting of a "missionary team" in "planting" a new church in a town where there are already 3 churches meeting.

The churches we met with ranged from 14 in attendance to over 160. We were not able to meet with as many as we had hoped but different meeting times and travel limited us. Please pray for the brethren in the Dominican Republic.

Tol Burk

No comments: