Thursday, November 30, 2006

French speaking Christians needed





Guadeloupe and Martinique are departments (think states) of France. They both have over 300,000 people and there is no sound church on either one of them. There is an institutional church on Guadeloupe that I know of, but I don't know of anything at all on Martinique.

Since they are still part of France there are more facilities, and therefore more work, on these two islands than on the surrounding, now independent islands, like Dominica and St. Lucia. Marie Galante can be seen from the northside of Dominica on a clear day and people from Vielle Case go there occasionally.

If anyone out there would like to correspond with one of the brethren in Guadeloupe, I have an e-mail address. He speaks some English, but I'm sure is more comfortable in French. I'm bilingual, but it's English & Spanish, not French, so I'm limited in what I can do personally, but I can put you in touch with someone there.


Tol

No comments: