Monday, April 23, 2007

The one talent man


You remember the one talent man of the parable in Matt. 25:14ff? He hid his talent the master had entrusted to him because "I was afraid"--I presume he was afraid he might lose it if he invested it.
It seems to me that many American brethren are much like this man--they're afraid to use money (or take the time) to do everything they could for the Lord. After all, they might need it for retirement, or they might have some catastrophic illness, or some emergency might arise (after all, a disaster might strike), or . . .
Brethren, do we really believe the Lord will take care of our needs? If so, then we can stretch ourselves more than many of us do. The promise of 2 Cor. 9:8 is very promising to me: "And God is able to make all grace abound toward you, that you, always having all sufficiency in all things, may have an abundance for every good work."
I wonder if this is one of the reasons more preachers don't want to go into "foreign work"?
Tol

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hello, I recieved your email address from a friend but it doesn't seem to be working. I have been trying to email you to ask you a question about churches in Santo Domingo but it keeps coming back. Can you email me with your email address? Thank you! Lacy08@gmail.com