Thursday, May 25, 2006

Oscar and Ana


Oscar and his wife Ana have been my host in Dorado, PR on more than one occasion. I've stayed with them in the past and although they're no longer up to that I continue to eat meals there. This picture is of them in their kitchen. Sunday we all had lunch there--chinese fried rice and King crab salad. Brother Oscar was for many years a security guard at one of the big resorts then retired from there and had a hamburger/hot dog truck for several years after that.

We are to eat there again tonight and the local preacher and his family are looking forward to pigs feet as the main course. I'm not sure I am, but I'll eat at least a respectable portion. I'm surprised, because some years ago Dana and I had been in Puerto Rico all week, eating with different brethren and everywhere we went we were served pigeon peas and rice and chicken. While we both really like pigeon peas and rice and chicken is fine, after a week it had gotten a little old. Friday night we ate at their house and we had hamburgers, mashed potatoes, and green beans--he knew what we would have been served everywhere else and thought we might want something different.

I'll let you know how the pigs feet are tomorrow, if I can get to internet.

Tol Burk

No comments: