Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Examine yourselves whether you are in the faith

As I mentioned earlier our title was the theme for the Gospel meeting in Tortola (the photo is the outside of their building). This theme leant itself to 5 lessons very easily (Mon.-Fri.) The first night I preached about the possibility of falling away and thus our need to examine ourselves from time to time to make sure we are still in the faith. I also set forth 4 ways we can stray away from the faith, each of which Nick or I preached on in greater detail the following nights.

Our series expounded upon: 1)The world becomes more attractive than the things of God, 2) If we reject Christ and His Word, 3) If we allow false doctrine to lead us away, and 4) If we forget the importance of the church--after all, Jesus died to purchase it.

I thought the series really worked out well and plan to use it again--you don't have to use the same 4 things I did, but we all need to be reminded that we can indeed fall away and be lost.

Tol

No comments: